I am married to my wonderful wife Jill and together we have four sweet little girls: triplets + 1. To me, being a husband and dad are intimately tied to who I am as a man. This is why I enjoy helping people with issues in marriage and parenting so couples, parents and children are the primary focus in my private practice.
Professionally, I am a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), a National Certified Counselor (NCC), and a Registered Play Therapist (RPT).
I felt the desire to have more specialized training working specifically with couples so I have completed Level I Training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy and I use Gottman Method Couples Therapy in my practice. You can find out more about this therapy by clicking here.
Being a Registered Play Therapist means I have advanced education, training, and supervision working with children in play therapy. In fact, I am the only male Registered Play Therapist in the Plano – Frisco – McKinney – Allen – Richardson area. All that is to say is that some parents specifically prefer a male to work with their child. One thing that distinguishes me I think is that I work well with all ages and genders which gives me an up-close perspective on what different people are experiencing in a family or marriage.
Here is some info on my education, licensure, and professional associations.
Licensure and Certifications
- 2012 Licensed Professional Counselor
- 2013 Registered Play Therapist
- 2009 National Certified Counselor
- 2008 Master of Education University of North Texas, Counseling
- 1998 Master of Theology Dallas Theological Seminary, Educational Leadership
- 1985 Bachelor of Science Texas A&M University, Agriculture Economics
- Professional Membership in the American Counseling Association
- Professional Membership in the Association for Play Therapy